Exercise, like any other basic need, is a basic need of our body, i.e. it is not optional; it must be essential part of your everyday routine. Exercise is important, but more important is, that it should be done in-accordance to the rules. If the rules are followed, then exercise has the ability to do miracles for development of vigor, strength, immunity of the body; but, if rules are neglected, then it can do just the opposite. We have made some rules that you should follow before proceeding your way to exercise. These rules are listed with the assumption that you are not tagged with any of chronic health diseases:
- Perform Exercise within limits: The chief use of exercise, whether of body or of mind, is to make us grow; but it will do this only if it is being kept within limits. Within these limits, it will bring every type of benefit to our body i.e. Enhance the vigor of our Heart, Clear Our Brain, Expand Our Lungs, improves our Sleep Soundness, and improve our Appetite. Beyond these limits, it deteriorates the body, Overstrains our Heart, Dulls our Brain, and spoils our Appetite.
Now, the question arises, how to determine these limits? No worries, Nature has provided a danger signal for this, known as Fatigue, or Tiredness.
Fatigue is actually, due to poisoning of Muscles, or of Nerves, by its Own Waste Substances. If the fatigue is general or throughout the body then it is from these waste substances piling up in the blood faster than the ability of lungs, Skin, and Kidneys to wash them off.
“That is to say, Fatigue is a Form of Self-Poisoning”
We can now see that the exercise, if performed up-to a limit is beneficial, and beyond that limit is equally dangerous. That is why all training methods, for building up strength and vigor, both of Mind and Muscles, forbid exercising beyond well-marked fatigue. Now one thing more, If you yourself stop at this point in exercising, you will find, the next time you try that particular exercise, that you can go a little further before fatigue is felt; and gradually the strength and skill of the body is developed.
- Violent vs. Light Exercises: In muscular training, the series of light, quick movements, none of which induce fatigue, repeated ten, twenty, thirty or even hundred times, will do much more for building up the muscles and developing the body in comparison the four to five violent moves.
First Fact: Real athletes and skilled trainers, if you know, make use of half-or three-quarter-pound dumb-bells and one-or two-pound Indian clubs, instead of using five-pound dumb-bells and ten-pound clubs for training of their muscles.
Second fact: A thoroughbred Race-Horse is also trained on the same principle i.e. the Horse is never allowed to gallop until he is tired, and also he is not put on his full speed before he is well grown.
- Clothing for Exercise: Your clothing must be such that you should feel comfortable while doing the exercise. Your clothing should provide you complete freedom of movement of your body. It should allow perspiration to evaporate easily. Cotton is a good choice, but it absorbs sweat and makes you sweat quickly, but is not generally recommended for longer hour sports or workout activities. The best choices are Coolmax and Supplex. They are more expensive in relation to any other clothing, but they good for an activity involving longer our sweat.
- Shoes and Socks for Exercise: Apart from the body, the great amount of sweat is produced by our feet, while performing the workout and it should be handled with care. Choose your socks that gives you comfort and allow the perspiration to evaporate easily, so that your skin can easily breathe. In selection of shoes, The right shoes not only need to be comfortable, it also has to support and match the shape and movement of your feet
- If possible Exercise must be done in Open and Fresh Air: This is very important. As we have already discussed the importance of Oxygen in our Body. The purity of the Air does a great deal of work in burning the waste products produced by our muscles during exercise. Foul Air, i.e. the stagnant air is equally dangerous. So whenever possible make a habit of doing the exercise in open air.
- When to do the Exercise: Fifteen minutes Exercise in the morning and fifteen minutes in the evening can improve the way that you feel. It is better to have the exercise when your stomach is not full i.e. before the breakfast and in the evening.